Significant updates and changes in the site, relative to the pages about
electrostatic machines and other high-voltage devices, are listed here.
- 19/03/2017 - Changes in the material about the doubler by Desormes
- 17/03/2017 - Added the machines described by G.
Fuller and K. Schall.
- 25/04/2016 - Added original description of Nicholson's
spinning instrument, and of Wilson's
- 19/04/2016 - Added modification in the double
- 12/04/2016 - Added Mr. Buresti's Van de Graaff
generator and multiplier.
- 21/01/2016 - Added electronic version of Wilson's
- 21/05/2015 - Added the double electrophorus
- 25/04/2015 - Changes in the page about Wilson's
- 23/03/2015 - Added link to a video
of a curious machine.
- 05/02/2015 - Included references to E. Thomson's machine.
- 04/02/2015 - Included Wimshurst machine made by Mr. Mark
- 03/02/2015 - Reformulated patents page.
- 29/01/2015 - Added the reformed Toepler
- 16/01/2015 - Added tubular doubler.
- 06/07/2014 - Added page about the disassembly of a Wommelsdorf
machine. Atualizações na página em
- 11/05/2014 - Updates page about polarity detectors.
- 05/05/2014 - Added page about polarity detectors.
- 08/02/2014 - Added page about a bigger Half
- 20/10/2013 - Added my third electronic version
of Bennet's doubler.
- 06/05/2013 - Added the Wimshurst machine built by Mr. Jens
- 23/02/2013 - Added the Van de Graaff generators built by Mr. Kees
Kuyper and the Wimshurst machine built by Mr. Hans
- 01/01/2013 - Updated page about Belli's machine.
- 22/12/2012 - Updated page about Belli's machine.
- 20/12/2012 - Added page about Belli's machines.
- 10/10/2012 - Updated page on the replenisher
- 14/09/2012 - Added "Ergos" machine.
- 08/09/2012 - Updated patents page.
- 01/09/2012 - Added section about medical
- 20/06/2012 - Updated electronic version of
Bennet's doubler, showing the operation with a single variable
- 18/06/2012 - Added page about the electrophorus.
- 15/05/2012 - Added the machines made by Mr. Oberhage
and Mr. Trevisan.
- 06/04/2012 - Update page about Nicholson's
- 19/02/2012 - Updated capacitance
- 05/02/2012 - Added page about simple high-voltage
- 28/01/2012 - Updates in the electronic version
of Bennet's doubler.
- 11/01/2011 - Updates in the operation of the
- 31/12/2011 - Added page about my atempt to build a Gläser
- 26/12/2011 - Added Cecchi machine and a variation.
- 28/08/2011 - Added page about "pneumatic machines".
- 17/07/2011 - Added information about Lord
Blythswood multiple machine.
- 02/07/2011 - Added the new machines of Mr. Johnson
and Mr. Solomon.
- 10/04/2011 - Added experiments with enclosed
- 06/04/2011 - Added my replenisher machine.
- 12/03/2011 - Added the Van de Graaff generators built by Mr. Phillips
and Mr. Johnson.
- 15/02/2011 - Added my version of the Pfaff
and Svanberg multiplier.
- 29/01/2011 - Added page about a gigantic plate
- 23/01/2011 - Added the Bonetti machines made by Mr. Keverline
and Mr. Trobbiani, and a Wimshurst
machine made by Mr. Johnson.
- 29/11/2010 - Updated the page about the Wehrsen
machine, with pictures of the machine
at the University of Bonn and a catalog.
- 27/11/2010 - Added Mr. Slikker's cylindric
- 13/11/2010 - Added reference to Upington's
increaser and several small corrections and updates.
- 24/10/2010 - Added more informations about doublers, with pictures of
Read's and Nicholson's
- 23/10/2010 - Added more references and informations about the doublers
by John Read and Desormes
- 11/10/2010 - Added the self-starting rotating version of Bennet's
doubler with diodes.
- 07/09/2010 - Added the Wehrsen machine
at the Technical University of Clausthal.
- 16/08/2010 - Added a new video
about Bennet's doubler with diodes.
- 22/06/2010 - Added a sectorless Wimshurst
machine being used for practical purposes.
- 23/04/2010 - Added pictures of the restored double Holtz machine
belonging to Mr. Slikker.
- 15/03/2010 - Added the collection of electrostatic machines belonging
to Mr. Jaap Slikker
- 13/03/2010 - Added more information about Pidgeon's
first machine and the Bonetti machine.
- 15/02/2010 - Added the machines built by Mr. Doug,
Mr. Solomon, and Mr. Pecher.
- 22/11/2009 - Added my electronic version of
- 29/10/2009 - Updated Van de Graaff generator
with external belt, showing the linked rollers.
- 08/09/2009 - Added the Voss machine
restored by Mr. Recce.
- 16/07/2009 - Updated how the Wimshurst machine
- 15/06/2009 - Added the results of conventional
disks in the Wimshurst machine with insulated sectors.
- 12/05/2009 - Added my Wimshurst machine
with insulated sectors.
- 12/03/2009 - Added original picture of Wilson's
- 24/02/2009 - Added my Henley electrometers.
- 30/01/2009 - Added Mr. Kinsey's Holtz
- 27/01/2009 - Added my electrostatic orrery.
- 27/11/2008 - Added the machines made by Mr. Hodges,
Mr. Trobbiani, and Mr. Bodsworth.
- 24/11/2008 - Added the Wimshurst machines made by Mr. Kevin
Acres and his grandfather.
- 21/11/2008 - Added several machines
built by Mr. Paul Hendriksen.
- 17/07/2008 - Removed several dead links and
- 01/07/2008 - Added another "lifter"
- 18/05/2008 - Added expriments with flybacks and
- 02/04/2008 - Updated page about "DRSSTC".
- 17/03/2008 - Added several machines built by Mr. Cannone,
Mr. Turner, Mr. McCarty,
Mr. Bowlds, Mr. Heidel,
and Mr. Alfaro.
- 14/02/2008 - Added Mr. McDowell's Wimshurst
- 29/09/2007 - Added link to
Prof. Feijó's site.
- 11/09/2007 - Added Mr. Philips' machines.
- 28/08/2007 - Added Bennet's doubler with
- 09/08/2007 - Added Mr. Kinsey's spark
with large Leyden jars.
- 26/07/2007 - Added comment about Erasmus Darwin's doublers.
- 06/07/2007 - Added Mr. Kinsey's spark
- 14/06/2007 - Added link to Mr. Kinsey's laser
- 28/04/2007 - Added my Van de Graaff generator
with external belt and ceramic insulator.
- 16/04/2007 - Added Wilson's machine and the
Lebiez machines made by Mr. Manchich.
- 27/03/2007 - Updated page about the Van de
- 28/02/2007 - Added the Wimshurst machine made by Mr. Giacomelli,
and the machine with painted sectors made by Mr. Kinsey.
- 20/02/2007 - Added page about the rotating
- 28/08/2006 - Added machines made by Mr. Salinas
and Mr. Pollner. Updated page about Bennet's doubler.
- 19/07/2006 - Added informations about the Pidgeon
- 14/05/2006 - Added machines built by Mr. Heiden,
Mr. Kinsey, and Mr. Branger.
- 19/04/2006 - Updated page about my Wehrsen
- 18/04/2006 - Updated page about a restored
- 05/04/2006 - Added video of my
Tesla coil in operation.
- 12/01/2006 - Added video of Bennet's
- 17/10/2005 - Added new picture of the Toepler-Dirod
- 02/10/2005 - Added diagram of the shake-sphere
- 30/09/2005 - Updated page about the Wimshurst
- 15/08/2005 - Updated page about restoration of a
- 27/07/2005 - Added Wimshurst machine built by Mr. Bradley.
- 08/04/2005 - Added Wimshurst machines sent by Mr. Eloranta
and Mr. Miller.
- 21/03/2005 - Added Mr. Linder's new Van de
- 10/03/2005 - Added pictures of a Voss machine.
- 21/07/2004 - Added page about Bohnenberger's
- 03/07/2004 - Added program sstcd, to help in
the design of "solid state Tesla coils".
- 19/06/2004 - Added page about the design of
"solid-state Tesla coils".
- 27/05/2004 - Added pictures from
Bohnenberger's book about doublers.
- 16/05/2004 - Added several Wimshurst machines.
- 04/05/2004 - Added better picture of the Woodward
machine and Cavallo's multiplier.
- 23/04/2004 - Added movie of Bohnenberger's
doubler and Mr. Pollner's Van de Graaff
- 19/04/2004 - Updated page about Nicholson's
- 16/04/2004 - Added my Bohnenberger's Bennet's
- 11/04/2004 - Added Bohnenberger's variation
of Nicholson's doubler.
- 04/04/2004 - Added Bohnenberger's version
of Bennet's doubler.
- 01/04/2004 - Added my Toepler-Dirod machine,
Mr. Tramasaygues' Dirod, and Mr. Triches Wimshurst.
- 21/02/2004 - Improved page about Bennet's
- 19/02/2004 - Added Mr. Rapp's Wimshurst and
Mr. Linder's Van de Graaff. Some
- 18/02/2004 - Added schematic of Péclet's
multiplier, a picture of Nicholson's
doubler, links, and references.
- 18/01/2004 - Added Mr. Stuart's hybrid Toepler-Dirod
machine, updated page about my cylindric
- 23/12/2003 - Added page about my large Wehrsen
machine, and the machines built by Mr. Kerley
and Mr. Stuart.
- 15/10/2003 - Added more material about doublers, as the Pfaff
and Svanberg multiplier.
- 26/09/2003 - Updated page about the Wimshurst
machine and the Inca program, including
- 07/09/2003 - Added Mr. Grant's sectorless
Wimshurst machine, and references to
papers by Wimshurst, etc.
- 05/09/2003 - Added more materials about Van de
- 22/08/2003 - Added first test of my large
- 16/08/2003 - Added references to Hauksbee
and Le Roy.
- 15/08/2003 - Added references to Van de Graaff
machines using equipotential rings.
- 03/08/2003 - Added Watson's machine.
- 01/08/2003 - Added pictures of my large Wehrsen
machine, Rouland's machine and links to
- 23/07/2003 - Added pictures of multiple
- 19/07/2003 - Added some data about several researchers in the pages
- 11/07/2003 - Added picture of Otto von
Guericke and text about Bose.
- 03/07/2003 - Added more material about lightning demonstration
machines in the page about Voss machines.
- 22/06/2003 - Added more references. Small changes in the Holtz
machine page. Some wrong links fixed
- 11/05/2003 - Added page about a 6th-order
- 03/05/2003 - Added Mr. Tramasaygues' second Toepler
- 27/04/2003 - Added Mr. Blake's model machine
and Mr. Tramasaygues' Toepler machine.
- 05/04/2003 - Added Mr. Kehrle's large Bonetti
- 23/03/2003 - Added arc pictures and
a waveform comparison to the Tesla
coil page. Updated Inca program
- 02/03/2003 - Added experimental waveforms to the classical Tesla
- 01/03/2003 - Updated page about my classical
coil (Oudin coil calculations).
- 28/02/2003 - Added page showing a classical
- 22/02/2003 - Updated programs. Teslasim and
Inca compute mutual inductances.
- 16/02/2003 - Added interesting spark picture
to the triplex machine page. Updated programs
for m. r. networks.
- 12/02/2003 - Added new picture and informations in the biography of H. Wommelsdorf.
- 04/02/2003 - Small corrections and updates in the pages about the triplex machine and the doublers.
- 23/01/2003 - Added reference to the paper by Musaeus about an early
Wimshurst machine (1871).
- 10/01/2003 - Changes in the triplex
Wimshurst machine page.
- 09/01/2003 - Added biography of H.
Wommelsdorf and several pictures of
- 16/12/2002 - Added label in the Wommelsdorf
machine page, and changes in the patents
- 07/12/2002 - All the software for high-voltage generators placed in a
- 04/12/2002 - More patents added. General
reorganization of the files.
- 19/11/2002 - Reorganized the patents page.
- 16/11/2002 - Added Mr. Skitmore's restored Wimshurst
- 15/11/2002 - Added page about my directly
coupled Tesla magnifier.
- 14/11/2002 - Changes in the page about the Bohnenberger
machine, adding a schematic diagram
and a voltage graph.
- 06/11/2002 - Adder page about the exposition "Artifical
- 01/11/2002 - Added reference to a patent
of the disk used in the Wehrsen machine.
- 26/10/2002 - Added more Voss machines and patents, and more pictures of Mr. Cole's machine.
- 24/10/2002 - Added Piggott's Wimshurst machine.
- 14/10/2002 - Added the paper describing Lord
- 12/10/2002 - Adder the paper describing Lord
Kelvin's water machine.
- 03/10/2002 - Added Mr. Keverline's Toepler
- 19/08/2002 - Added comments and pictures about increasing the power of
the transformerless Tesla coil.
- 14/08/2002 - Added page about my capacitive
- 11/08/2002 - Added comment about operating operating a Tesla
coil with power from an
- 03/08/2002 - Added experimental waveforms taken from the transformerless
- 01/08 2002 - Added design formulas for the transformerless
- 29/07/2002 - Added link to my transformerless
coil, and new pictures of a my Bonetti
- 12/07/2002 - Added pictures of an old machine to the Voss
machine page. In the Portuguese page
- 09/07/2002 - Updated pages about the Wimshurst
machine and how it works.
- 06/07/2002 - Added informations about an old machine in the Wommelsdorf
- 25/06/2002 - Added power and current calculations to the Van
de Graaff generator page.
- 16/06/2002 - Added Mr. Schaefer's Wimshurst
- 10/06/2002 - Changes in the introduction and in the page about the Wimshurst machine.
- 06/06/2002 - Updated page about the Wommelsdorf
- 20/05/2002 - Added picture and changes in the page about the double Van de Graaff generator.
- 18/05/2002 - Changes in the page about the Wimshurst triplex
- 11/05/2002 - Changes in the page about the Wehrsen
- 09/05/2002 - Added new pictures and comments about my big
- 23/04/2002 - Included page about the Wehrsen
machine, changed Van de Graaff page.
- 13/04/2002 - Added new pictures of this and this restored Wimshurst machines.
- 09/04/2002 - Added Mr. Heidel`s Wimshurst
- 24/03/2002 - Added pictures of the Wehrsen
- 23/03/2002 - Added pictures of some machines
from the University of Porto, and Mr. Noviello's machine.
My Wehrsen machine now works well.
- 15/03/2002 - Added pictures of the prototype Wehrsen
- 11/03/2002 - Reorganized part of the main page.
- 03/03/2002 - Added drawing plans of a small Wehrsen
- 24/01/2002 - Added the machines built by Mr.
Meijers and Mr. Hoblart. Updated linear
- 17/01/2002 - Revised page about the symmetrical Toepler
- 07/01/2002 - Added an electrostatic linear
motor and two Bonetti machines.
- 01/01/2002 - Changes in the introduction, Mr. Klein's triplex
- 25/12/2001 - Added safety considerations in the Van
de Graaff page.
- 27/11/2001 - Added djvu image of paper p36,
first description in English of the Holtz machine.
- 14/11/2001 - Added Mr. Kitching's Wimshurst
- 14/10/2001 - Added reference about Péclet's
- 01/10/2001 - Added new pages of this booklet
about Wimshurst machines, in German.
- 22/09/2001 - Added a large friction machine
that I found in Paris, decorations on the main
page, and a page about
James Wimshurst, in Portuguese.
- 18/08/2001 - Added plans for a Wehrsen
machine, Mr. Gazzi's Wimshurst machines,
Righi's Holtz machine, and a picture of his
- 18/06/2001 - Added Mr. La Valle's machines,
and a variation of the Belli machine.
- 12/06/2001 - Changes in the material about the Felici machines.
- 03/05/2001 - Added the "unfolded Wimshurst
- 27/03/2001 - Added the "half Wimshurst machine".
- 19/02/2001 - Added Mr. Klein's other machines.
- 17/02/2001 - Added Mr. Foster's simple technique for generating long
- 05/02/2001 - Added new spark image from the
- 02/02/2001 - Changes in the texts about the Van
de Graaff generator and about the Holtz
- 27/01/2001 - Added page about my Wommelsdorf
- 18/01/2001 - Added pictures from the catalog
of the exposition of 1900.
- 07/01/2001 - Added pictures of my complete
- 29/12/2000 - Added more pictures of my Wommelsdorf
- 27/12/2000 - Added more Ramsden machines.
Updated my Wommelsdorf machine.
- 21/12/2000 - I found that I had a picture of
a machine that I saw in Lisbon.
- 20/12/2000 - Added more pictures of Mr. Klein's machine.
- 14/12/2000 - Added more pictures of my Wommelsdorf
- 07/12/2000 - Addd new picture of my Wommelsdorf
machine in construction.
- 28/11/2000 - Added item about Felici
- 24/11/2000 - New picture of my partially built Wommelsdorf
- 10/11/2000 - Added patents of the Lemström
- 6/11/2000 - Added drawing for a planned Wommelsdorf
- 1/11/2000 - Added patents page.
- 30/10/2000 - Added Mr. Phillips' Wimshurst
- 25/10/2000 - Added Mr. Klein's Wommelsdorf
machine, new pictures of Ramsden and Carré machines, a big double
Voss machine, and new pictures of the Triplex
- 22/10/2000 - Added page about the Triplex
- 2/10/2000 - Revised text about Wommelsdorf machines.
- 28/9/2000 - Added djvu images of papers p73 and p76.
- 18/9/2000 - Added link to the WMD
Wimshurst Machine Designer program.
- 25/8/2000 - Update in the current calculations.
- 21/8/2000 - Update in the current calculations.
- 19/8/2000 - Added pictures of Nicholson's doubler, and updates in the
- 17/8/2000 - Updated the text about current calculations, and added
some data about the triplex machine.
- 15/8/2000 - Updated the text about the operation of the Wimshurst
- 10/8/2000 - Added pages about Nicholson's doubler and current
- 6/8/2000 - Added djvu image of paper p83.
- 3/8/2000 - Added djvu image of paper p72.
- 31/7/2000 - Added djvu image of paper p71. Papers in zip format
- 27/7/2000 - Another picture of a Wommelsdorf machine added.
- 24/7/2000 - This file added. Changes in the final observations.
Return to Electrostatic machines
By Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz